It is common for offices to have carpet installed under the office furniture to improve the overall look and create a more professional environment. However, you will have to ensure that the carpet looks clean all the time, and this is when you can consider hiring a pro for office carpet cleaning.
Carpet cleaning is extremely important for so many reasons. For instance:
- Dirt deposition in office carpets can cause all sorts of health problems. It exposes your employees to the risk of developing allergies. It also increases risk of bronchitis, asthma, and other respiratory problems.
- Mould formation can also increase risk of several dangerous diseases. You will be compromising the health of your employees by not doing anything to eliminate mould from office carpets.
- Decaying food may also make your carpet look dirty, and it may also produce a very bad smell that leaves a bad impression on your visitors.
What it means is that leaving your office carpets dirty can hurt you in more ways than you can imagine. Therefore, you should look for a professional to help you with office carpet cleaning. Here are a few questions to ask before selecting a carpet cleaner:
- Are you going to offer free estimates? You will have to shortlist a few companies before you could finalize the decision. Therefore, you will be able to save some money by getting free estimates.
- Are you going to use a specific cleaning method? It is a good idea to inquire a bit about the type of cleaning method your selected carpet cleaner is going to use. Some carpet cleaners may rely only on steam cleaning, while others may also offer hot water extraction.
- How long have you been in the business of office carpet cleaning? It is an important question to ask because the experience of a company will help you have a better idea about the kind of work you should expect.
- Are you insured and bonded? You need to ensure that you only let an insured carpet cleaner to work in your office. Some carpet cleaners use harsh chemicals to clean your carpets. Such cleaners can damage your carpet and even expose your employees to several serious ailments. To ensure you do not lose anything when working with a carpet cleaner, you should put your money on a professional who is bonded and insured.
- How long do I have to wait until my carpet gets dry? Again, it is an important question to ask and usually depends on method your selected company uses to clean the carpet. A professional carpet cleaner will also share ways and tricks to help shorten the drying time.
It wouldn’t be wrong to suggest that carpets can add to the professional look of your office, but you should never leave them dirty or it will raise several health concerns. You can find many carpet cleaners to do the cleaning, but be sure to look for a professional who guarantees top quality and handles office carpet cleaning with care.