The Ultimate Guide to Jeep Gladiator Bed Size – Everything You Need to Know
Jeep Gladiator is definitely one of the most popular pickup trucks on the market today. However, if you are thinking about buying this vehicle, one of the most important factors you need to consider is the size of the bed. With that in mind, we have put together a comprehensive guide to help you understand the Jeep Gladiator Bed size.
Jeep Gladiator Bed Size
First and foremost, the Jeep Gladiator is a midsize pickup truck that is known for its off-road capabilities, rugged style, and powerful engine. It features a five-foot bed that is perfect for hauling cargo, equipment, or even outdoor gear.
The bed’s dimensions are as follows:
– Length (tailgate closed) – 60.3 inches
– Length (tailgate open) – 83.6 inches
– Width (between wheel wells) – 44.8 inches
– Width (top of bed) – 56.8 inches
– Height (bed rail) – 33.8 inches
As you can see, the Jeep Gladiator bed is not as large as some of its competitors, like the Toyota Tacoma or the Chevrolet Colorado. However, it still provides plenty of cargo space for most people’s needs. What’s more, it features a range of smart design features that make it more practical and versatile than its size may suggest.
Cargo Management System
One of the standout features of the Jeep Gladiator bed is its Cargo Management System. This innovative system includes the following features:
– Trail Rail System – this comprises of adjustable tie-downs that can be moved along the length of the bed to secure cargo in place.
– Cargo Basket – a basket-like storage system that can be attached to the roll bar behind the cab. It is perfect for storing smaller items like backpacks, spare clothes, and tools.
– Lightweight Freedom Panels – these panels can be removed from the rear of the cab to increase the height of the bed and accommodate taller cargo.
Bed Liner Options
To protect your Jeep Gladiator bed from scratches, dents, and damage, you can choose from the following bed liner options:
– Spray-In Bed Liner – a tough, waterproof lining that is applied to the bed using a high-pressure spray.
– Bed Rug – a carpet-like material that is soft to the touch and helps to minimize noise and vibrations.
– Plastic Drop-In Liner – an affordable, lightweight option that is easy to install and replace.
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Jeep Gladiator bed size:
Q: Can the Jeep Gladiator bed accommodate a full-size mattress?
A: No, the Jeep Gladiator bed is only 60.3 inches long, which is not long enough to accommodate a full-size mattress. However, you can use it to haul other types of cargo, like furniture, appliances, and building materials.
Q: How much weight can the Jeep Gladiator carry in its bed?
A: The maximum payload capacity of the Jeep Gladiator is 1,600 pounds. This includes the weight of passengers, cargo, and any accessories or modifications you have added to the truck.
Q: Can I tow a trailer with the Jeep Gladiator when the bed is loaded?
A: The Jeep Gladiator has a maximum towing capacity of 7,650 pounds when properly equipped. However, the weight of your cargo will affect your towing capacity, so you need to make sure you are staying within the vehicle’s limits.
Q: Is the Jeep Gladiator bed suitable for camping?
A: Yes, the Jeep Gladiator bed is perfect for camping. You can install a rooftop tent or a bed tent to create a comfortable sleeping area. Additionally, the Cargo Management System makes it easy to store and organize your camping gear.
Q: Is the Jeep Gladiator bed waterproof?
A: No, the Jeep Gladiator bed is not completely waterproof. There are drainage holes at the bottom of the bed that allow water to escape, but it is still important to cover your cargo with a tarp or another waterproof material during rain or snow.
In conclusion, the Jeep Gladiator bed may not be the largest on the market, but it is certainly one of the most practical and versatile. With its Cargo Management System, customizable bed liner options, and smart design features, it can handle just about any type of cargo you can throw at it. So, if you are in the market for a midsize pickup truck, the Jeep Gladiator is definitely worth considering.